Discipleship University (DU) is designed to offer adults the opportunity to grow deeper in their faith and knowledge of God and His Word while preparing for service in the Kingdom of God. Our Summer and Winter mini terms run for eight weeks and our Spring and Fall terms run for twelve weeks. Various classes are offered.
- One Sacred Effort by Chad Owen Brand and David E. Hankins. Facilitated by Paul Miller. The Preamble of the original constitution of the Southern Baptist Convention describes the purpose of the SBC as "eliciting, combining, and directing the energies of the whole denomination in one sacred effort, for the propagation of the Gospel." These words are not only historically significant; they convey the mission and purpose and distill the distinct facets of the SBC Cooperative Program. One Sacred Effort looks close at this unique and enduring ministry operation. Book Cost:$11.00
- The Unquenchable Flame: Discovering the Heart of the Reformation by Michael Reeves. Facilitated by Tim Gold. This study is a lively, accessible and fully informative introduction to the Reformation. It brings to life the movement's most colorful characters while also examining their ideas and showing the profound and personal relevance of the Reformation thinking for today. Book Cost: $10.00
- The Study Of Colossians. Facilitated by A.L. Courtney. In the apostle Paul's letter to the church at Colossae, he stresses the supremacy and sufficiency of Jesus Christ as our source of the knowledge of God, our access into the presence of God and our restoration into the image of God. Throughout this rich book, we will also discover the essential call of the believer to impact his world in a day when empty philosophies and deceptions are prevalent. Bring your Bible.
- Finding I Am by Lysa TerKeurst. Facilitated by Rhonda Adcock. What is the deep cry of your heart? The ache in your soul that keeps you up at night? The prayer you keep repeating?: Jesus not only cares about this deep, spiritual wrestling but He also wants to step in and see you through it. See how Jesus fully satisfies the deep cry of your heart. (This study is for women only and will begin Wednesday, April 12th at 6:30 PM) Book Cost: $15.00
- All Things New by Kelly Minter. Facilitated by Kim Thweatt. - Women's Study on Wednesday at 6 PM
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst. Facilitated by Rhonda Adcock - Women's Study on Wednesday at 6:30 PM
- Children Of The Day by Beth Moore. Facilitated by Dottie Bennett and Corinne Stockton - Women's Study on Monday's at 12:30 PM